EDUTT - Educator-Teacher Transformation Process
Particpants will reflect on themselves as educators in the context of their profession. They will be exposed to a variety of ideas around the point of education and school. They will develop a clear personal working vision. Participants will explore the meaning of what it is to be a holistic learner and explore the attributes that a learner needs to develop. We will explore sustainable learner-development-centred approaches to education and the teacher’s role in that approach. We will explore the need to engage learners and how to do that in a sustainable way. Developing teacher-learner relationships will be discussed as well as LDC approaches to planning, teaching, assignments, and assessment. The educator will be able to develop a coaching approach to their teaching.
Areas of Development
- Understanding ourselves and our roles as educators.
- Understanding the role of school.
- Creating a shared vision for you and your learners.
- The learning community and its role in developing holistic learners.
- The importance and opportunity to sustainably engage learners.
- Learner-development-centred approaches to education.
- Sustainable attribute development and the classroom coach.
- Planning, assignment design, execution, reflection, assessing, and reporting for the holistic learner.
- What to do next lesson, next unit, and this semester.