DRL Educator-Teacher Transformation Course (EDUTT)
Transform yourself from being a teacher of a subject to being an educator of learners within the context of your subject. Help develop the attributes of young people through the amazing wonders of your subject and engage young people in their development as learners (and you in the development of your teaching!). (See here for more details).
Educators will reflect on themselves as educators in the context of their profession. They will be exposed to a variety of ideas around the point of education and school. They will develop a clear personal working vision. Participants will explore the meaning of what it is to be a holistic learner and explore the attributes that a learner needs to develop. We will explore sustainable learner-development-centred approaches to education and the teacher’s role in that approach. We will explore the need to engage learners and how to do that in a sustainable way. Developing teacher-learner relationships will be discussed as well as LDC approaches to planning, teaching, assignments, and assessment. The educator will be able to develop a coaching approach to their teaching.
Areas of Development
- Understanding ourselves and our roles as educators.
- Understanding the role of school.
- Creating a shared vision for you and your learners.
- The learning community and its role in developing holistic learners.
- The importance and opportunity to sustainably engage learners.
- Learner-development-centred approaches to education.
- Sustainable attribute development and the classroom coach.
- Planning, assignment design, execution, reflection, assessing, and reporting for the holistic learner.
- What to do next lesson, next unit, and this semester.